Hello, I’m 21 now. How has this happened? I genuinely have no idea. This past month has been hard and I apologise for the lack of content over here. I love blogging and I always will but it most certainly hasn’t been my priority. But I have missed writing. Not in a way that means I’m ready to tackle two blog posts a week. Not even in a way that means I’m ready to stick to a schedule again. Just in a I’ve missed writing way.
Now, the notes section in every girls phone probably contains the following: 1) a list of future baby names 2) some drafted paragraph texts 3) a to-do list. I certainly have all of the above and I also have a list of lessons I’ve learned to look back on and remind myself of. For my birthday I thought I’d share some of the entries, so here’s a selection of some of the things I’ve learned over the past year which are either amusing, a little embarrassing or very serious life changing lessons.
- Once a cheat – always a cheat
- There’s nothing wrong with getting an early night
- Tattoos don’t hurt as bad as you imagine
- Wear SPF, even on the days you think you don’t need it
- Finally seeing the Arctic Monkeys live will change your life
- Piercing healing is a commitment
- Hoovering your room makes you feel so much calmer
- Planets retrograding will really fuck you over
- It’s okay to forgive someone for hurting you once if you both learn from it
- Pot noodles are an amazing thing when you don’t know what to eat
- Alex Turner will always be the love of your life and nothing will ever compare
- Online friends can be the support system you never knew you needed
- If he won’t make the effort to see you, get rid of him
- Things just sound better on vinyl
- Don’t try and fit too much in the blender at once
- If you watch The Hunger Games you won’t be able to stop thinking about Finnick deserved better and how much you love Haymitch
- He’s not worth it
- One day when you’re looking like a minus 2 in Tesco and you see a girl who used to intimidate and make fun of you, you will a million times feel better than her
- You will always, always feel better after you’ve showered
- It’s fine to not be over the How I Met Your Mother finale after all this time
- You write amazing things when you’re hurting
Do you do this too? If not I recommend it – start making notes of the things you’ve learned and the mistakes you’ve made! It’s so interesting to look back on.